Monday, May 17, 2010

Might As Well Be Called "Untitled"

Late last night as I was putting away my laundry, I had this weird urge to complain. I mean, I do it a lot, and I know it's annoying, especially when I have to sit down and listen to people talk on, and on, and on! Poor Addam. I don't know how or why he can even put up with me for the last 2 1/2 years. (He says he loves me, and complaining isn't going to be a reason to not love me at all- bless his heart and soul!)

The more I think about where all this anger is coming from, I have come up with my own prognosis, I am a rageaholic. (Okay, maybe not literally a rageaholic, and Addam is definitely going to correct me on this, but hey, it's the closest thing that's popping up in my head right now. Feel free to correct me, I welcome any interesting word(s) to my complaining-anger issues). For a majority of people who know me, they don't see the complaining, angry side- (and if they did, I apologize for being a whiner!) I was never allowed to express myself as a child growing up in my household. There's this huge cultural thing in not disrespecting your elders, and superstitions in what to do and what not to do or say, and I can't even list it all because there's this annoying itch that seems to consume me.

I use to keep a diary to write down all my emotions, and events, until people found it and read it. It took me a while to come to trust what I was writing in my new diary. Isn't that what a diary is for? To express yourself by letting loose words, doodles/drawings and random crap 'cause you can in secret? Technically not in my family. We "talk" about it, but the truth of the matter was- "You're a kid, what do you know about being angry?" My answer? *silence*. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my parents to death, but there are some things that I wish was done a little differently. Now that I'm much older, I'm allowed (on a certain day, a certain amount of parameter) to speak my mind on my feelings on certain things. Of course there's never "no strings attached" when I do. So I end up having to be careful with what I say, so I don't wake up any unwanted trouble.

So after all this jibber-jabber, what's my point? As I was mentioning earlier, I was putting away my laundry, and I felt a weird urge to complain, but I was so lazy to even start speaking or write it out to describe it (even though I was less than 5 feet away from my computer which was turned on at that time), I decided to bug Addam in creating an online blog for me- which I wanted to do almost a month ago, so I could vent all my useless problems. I figured, "If you talk about your problems to 'people', it's healthy on your mental and emotional well-being."

When he asked me, "What did you want to call it again?", I said "Life's Not Fair." I always complain by saying life isn't fair, I don't really think it's wise to point fingers at anyone or 'creatures', in fear I'll be beaten to a pulp. And it's more fun to just say life, 'cause it could be anything! Anyways, I wanted it as the title of the URL to this blog, but you know what? IT WAS ALREADY TAKEN!!!

What ticks me off even more is "Life's Not Fair" and "Life is Not Fair" (I really don't want to invest in the whole Life Isn't Fair 'cause that's just an overkill), both those blogs haven't been used properly in it's pure sense to complain for the last 6 YEARS!!! Addam tried his best to appease my annoyance by trying every possible combination, but he ended up empty-handed. So what do I do as I'm beginning to shove clothes hangers into the neck of my shirts and slamming it down on my bed? I said in a very flat voice, "Why don't we just call it, Huynh complains?" He typed it in, and WHA-LA! Nobody wants to admits that they complain, it's not a very good thing on anyone's persona.

But hey, I'm admitting I complain all the time. Sometimes when I don't talk about it, I cry, and it's not a simple tears down the cheeks for 5 minutes, No. I bawl out my eyes, and the next day, it looked as if I got stung by a bee, and had an allergic reaction from it (I don't really know if I'm allergic to bee stings- and don't want to test fate). I don't really intend on being conceited in making the whole world know that I, Huynh, likes to complain on her spare time. Maybe on occasions when things aren't going according to plan, things break, people are being idiots, the weather's being a drag, I'm on my period, lack of sleep, my bird won't pay attention to me, I didn't get the type of food I was mentally invisioning, my Sims decided to do things they're not suppose to- you name it!

I welcome feedback, as well as opposer's to my thoughts and feelings.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you set up a complaining blog. Sometimes I want a new blog where I can just complain all the time, because sometimes I want to complain about the people who read my current blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend bites me... a lot.

    This is the complaints section, right?

    ReplyDelete